17 November 2008

Lizzi's Album


A very good friend of mine asked me to create a scrapbook for her daughter's 18th birthday. Daughter had requested one that she can put all her favourite photos from school into.

You have to remember that when I scrapbook, it generally takes me two hours to create one page. The birthday is only two days away and I still have to get my day job out of the way and our Concert on Saturday really ate into crafting time. Plus the majority of my stash is still in storage. However, I'd picked up a bargain pack of papers from Costco made by Memory Stor and some of their albums.

So I decided to set myself a challenge. Could I create an album with limited stash and tools? Actually, what I've found is that it's faster to create an album if you don't have the worry of what photos are going to be in it! I'm not matching colours in photos to the album. I'll leave it to Lizzi to determine which photos she wants to put on which pages. It's quite liberating, actually!

I've limited myself to one sheet of each design. Besides the paper (which admittedly is 100 different designs, double-sided), I have glue, double-sided tape/photo squares and Distress Ink (because you're not going to get me to create anything if I can't use Distress Ink). My tools are limited to my Sissix Big Shot and only two dies, plus two texture plates, one set of Build-A-Swirl clear stamps by Prima, a non-stick craft sheet, Cut-N-Dry foam and my CM circle cutters. Everything else is off limits. I've managed to make and photograph 13 pictures in total and these are displayed here.

I'm going to continue working on the album tomorrow and hopefully have something complete for her mother to pick up on Wednesday. I hope she likes it.

I have to apologise for the poor photography. This was taken with my mobile phone as my camera is being repaired.








No comments:

Post a Comment