5 February 2009

We had more snow today

The snow arrived again. This is more snow than I've ever seen in this country. Everything was covered in about 4 inches of snow when I came out to the office this morning. So I just had to grab the camera and get a photo.

An artist needs refreshment during the day and I've been taking a Kikkoman Soy Sauce bottle up with me to the studio with milk in it for my hot drinks during the day. Today I was treated to my own personal fridge on the deck just outside the door.

This little guy sits on the wall at the bottom of the garden looking down the stairs. He was looking extremely unamused by the snow by the time I took this photo.

Zandy couldn't get into work this morning because the roads hadn't been gritted sufficiently so, after lunch we went for a walk down to the river.

I love the view over the fields nearby. Absoutely beautiful. As long as I don't have to work in it, I love it.

So this has been my work today. It's the poster for our next concert. If you want tickets, I can get them for you too. The background was created with alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. It's a little blotchier than I normally do. This is really thick photo paper. As I carried it up to the studio, the paper got wet and damaged the emulsion. I inked over the top and the blotches show through the inking.

No comments:

Post a Comment