5 February 2008

Colorado - at the foot of the mountain


I'm here in Lafayette with my friend, Jen Lowe and we're having a fantastic time.

But I digress.

I've been in the USA for a week and I haven't told you of any of my goings on. I met with Product Performers in Chicago who will be launching my papers at CHA in 5 days time. I got a chance to teach at Stampology Chicago all using Scrapperdashery paper. At present, Stampology Chicago is the only store in the USA that you can buy Scrapperdashery paper, but after CHA that will all change.

Here are a couple of the Cheque Books made by the women in my class. I was very impressed as it was blowing a snowstorm outside and some of them came way across town to meet me and do the class.

My hosts in Chicago were Ken and Judi Petersen. Ken owns Product Performers who distribute a lot of great products for different companies like Ranger and now, Scrapperdashery. Judi and I took the tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright House and Studio and more inspiration has hit this head of mine.

I taught another class on Saturday making two greetings cards. My cards are very rarely simple ones. If my husband asks me to make up a card, I generally need three days to get something together: One day to clear my work space, one day to think of a design and another to put the design together.
The Stampology people were wonderful (pictured right are: Dave, Gloria, Me, Sue and Chris). On Saturday after the class, they took me out for BBQ.
On Sunday morning, Ken put me on a plane and here I am in Lafayette. Jen and I are having so much fun. I will post some of our creations when they're finished. There are some people coming over to play tomorrow and I (unfortunately) have to fly out on Thursday (pray for snow, people. If I get snowed in in Colorado for another two days I get to play for a little longer).
On Sunday I'll be at CHA on the Product Performers booth. If you're going, come down and see me!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the expand of your paper design sales! love them, have a wonderful journey in the USA and safe return.

    ReplyDelete