23 November 2007

Uploading photos - Vista, Grrr!

I've got some photos of work to put up and now I've found another snag that is preventing me from doing so: Windows Vista!

I can't find my original install disks for my Nikon camera (but it was bought when my computer was XP and Vista was just a beta product in Microsoft's eye), so I went to Nikon's website to download the appropriate stuff. Can't find anything there quickly. Knowing that I'm running out of time, I figured I'd just put the card into the card slot on my printer. Guess what? Vista doesn't recognise the card reader on my printer.

So, the only way I can currently read photos from my card is to put it into the PCMCIA converter I sensibly bought when I got the camera, and insert that into the PCMCIA slot on my laptop. Slight snag there: the laptop only has a 20Gb hard drive on it and it is too full to take all the photos on my card, so I have to send it to a shared folder on my desktop.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is: I won't have any pictures up just yet, but I made a really cool thing with shrink plastic the other day that I want to post, so as soon as I can, I'll have photos up there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judi, you tagged me, and here I am to read the rules. my best to you! www.beckychabot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete