27 April 2009

Another bunch of lovely people


My sister-in-law, Meredith, has been an avid stamper since before I left Australia in 1991. Last week, she asked me to do a demonstration/mini-workshop for some of her friends which I was happy to oblige.
I showed them a bunch of techniques they can do with Distress Inks and other products from Ranger. I got them to do three of the tag techniques and then we did a mini project where they took an ATC-sized canvas which comes with it's own mini-easel and they decorated using Adirondack Dimensional Pearls.
This week, Meredith invited me to join her little stamping group where Lucy was showing them this fabulous card. It uses one sheet of A4 or 8.5x11. Her card has only two pockets, but with a little modification on my part I got three pockets and I could've put in a fourth if I'd wanted it. This photo doesn't do it justice. We used Distress Inks and a little Perfect Pearls to give the labels a little bit of shimmer.
All craft products seem a little expensive over here (I guess if you have to ship it halfway around the world...), so I understand why they haven't been able to invest in some of the stuff I have.

1 comment:

  1. Cool card - just imagine all the fun they could have in your studio :)

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete